Crafter
User name: mashrien

What is your Minecraft name? Mashrien

What position are you applying for? Mod

What timezone are you in? CST (GMT-6)

How old are you? 33 (6/15/85)

Can you record Minecraft video? Yes

Are you fluent in English? Yes

How much time do you have to contribute to the role? 3-6 hours daily, usually mornings starting around 3am CST

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, please include details.
No.

Tell us about one of your best moments on the server
Don't actually have one- most of the time the server's entertaining in one way or another.

Tell us about a time you made a mistake within the last year? How did you deal with it? What did you learn?
I'm often wrong, unless I'm wrong about being wrong, then I'm right about being wrong.
Most of my mistakes are behind me, things I've learned and grown from- one of the (few) perks of being an old fart.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Minecraft?
Indie game dev, coding aficionado, hardware enthusiast (pcmr), sysmin, AIT for communications, school for welding (underwater), boat mechanic, electrician (residential), and a stupid history buff (world cultures and history of religion)
Sleeping.

Do you have any previous server moderation or leadership experience?
Founder+Proprietor of MCPub, a network of servers sponsored by GenGAME, Gaming-Unleashed and MultiplayerNation for the BuildOffs back in Minecraft's hayday.. Several years of running servers for various other games. (The first being 2x CS/S servers starting in 2002)
Leadership experience; should mention the Army, I suppose.

Have you made any previous applications, if so how many and what is the date of your last one?
None

Anything else you would like to add? I'm one of the usual suspects/guinea-pigs when server changes are made and you haven't booted me yet, so that's a plus ;)

I have read the rules and will uphold them. Yes

mashrien

Original Poster
Crafter
This needs to be updated- My first server ban, on any gaming server, happened today as a result of my own stupidity and immaturity in dealing with the aggressive banter of an inconsequential adolescent on the blockville server.
They were being derogatory toward me, I made the idiotic mistake of responding (read; feeding), vulgarity was thrown my way, I responded in kind when in fact I should have remained silent and just screenshotted the entire ordeal and forwarded it to someone of rank within the server so it could've been dealt with in an official manner.
I know full well this incident should, and will, negatively affect any possibility of my aiding the server in a moderative capacity, consider my application withdrawn and this post can be removed at an admin's leisure.

Thank you and sorry for any time that may have been wasted on my behalf.